Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Four years and going strong..... We did it again this year. We got up at 4:45 on Thanksgving morning and headed into the city for the Macey's Thanksgiving Parade. The kids woke up so excited this year. Hudson couldn't wait to see the enormous balloons. The weather was great and the kids had fun watching the parade with their friends. We went with a few families from our ward and that always makes it more fun. The highlights this year were some of the celebrities and new balloons. We had a great time and made it home just in time for the turkey bowl. Then we had a nice quiet dinner and ended with a warm fire, christmas movie, and pie.




A few of the families that we met up with at the parade.


David Archuleta


James Taylor


Miley Cyrus






NYC BOTANICAL GARDEN- below are some pictures of the annual holiday train show at the NYC Botanical Garden in the Bronx. The exhibits of historic buildings, houses, and bridges made out of natural materials such as sticks and leaves were truly amazing. The kids had a great time playing in the different areas of the garden, seeing all the different trains, and posing for the numerous pictures Mike likes to take.








The boys working on a project in the Gingerbread Land


6 comments:

Jill said...

That all looks like so much fun! You guys are such a cute family!

MnS said...

It sounds so fun to be at the Macy's day parade. I think it is such a great Thanksgiving tradition that your boys will always remember. I'm not sure how quiet any dinner is with 3 boys but sounds like your boys are angels, never mind that they look like them. Happy Holidays!

Maloney Fam said...

I'm jealous of your Macy's trip. That was so fun that one year all of us from the ward went. I wish we could do it again!
We just got your Christmas card...ADORABLE!

Hawkins Family said...

Looks like you guys had another fun Thanksgiving! One of these years we're going to make it out...hopefully before you guys get sick of it and stop going!

Eliza said...

So, I should be packing for out trip but instead I finished the book I'm reading while Clara slept on me and now I am scrolling through your AWESOME blog. Really, I just wanted to see how bad the "background" was, and I must say, I think the background is swell. I am not a blogger so maybe "background" is not the right lingo? Please forgive my ignorance.

And speaking of swell, we had the Carmel Apple pancakes tonight and they were soooooooo yummy. Thank you, thank you, thank you! If you didn't buy yourself some of that yumminess you better get over here and we'll toss the Go Lean Crunch out the window and eat pancakes until we're sick!

Back to the blog - may I say that the Rich family knows how to have fun! That is just one of the many reasons we like you so much.

We'll miss be missing you guys while we freeze in fabulous Provo, UT - but look forward to seeing you in the New Year.

Fernando Solis Eguiza said...

El NiƱo Y Tu Pilin