Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A new Christmas tradition

This year we started a new tradition. As a child in elementary school I always looked forward to making our graham cracker gingerbread houses. We did it every year during the holidays. We had to save one of our 1 pt milk carton from school lunch and then we cut the top off and used it as our form. We would all bring some candies to decorate and the teachers would provide the graham crackers and frosting. Anyway my friend I were trying to come up with a tradition that our families could do together every year. So we decided to do this. Some day we might actually make real gingerbread but for now graham crackers it is! The kids had a great time and really got creative!






The Final Product!



3 comments:

Hawkins Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hawkins Family said...

The comment deleted was me...I realized a mistake and I wanted to say more. I didn't realize it would leave that there was one deleted. Kind of creepy if you didn't know who it was from. Anyway...Looks like fun! I always looked forward to that in school too. I totally forgot about using the milk carton to hold the form...I think we're going to go that route next year because the candies and frosting that come in the kits are gross! I didn't try and of the gingerbread...but it was probably gross too. So, homemade for everything is the way to go I think...well homemade meaning ...graham crackers...picking your own candies that ace actually good!

Maloney Fam said...

Look at all those boys! Sounds like you guys had lots of fun. I totally remember doing that as a kids too- and loving it!